The Chefs' Table Series TV Show
Chef JoAnne LeBlanc of Delfino Restaurant Cooks Veal Cannelloni
The second coming of J.C., that is Julia Child, arrived on the set of The Chefs’ Table Series in front of a large audience. Long-time chef JoAnne LeBlanc teaches the attendees how to make the restaurant’s version of Veal Cannelloni. Chef JoAnne works at Delfino Restaurant, located in Roslindale, MA. With her knowledge and engaging personality, Chef JoAnne and co-host Joe Murphy had the guests laughing, clapping and learning tips and techniques. The show was filmed at the Sons of Italy Hall in Roslindale, MA.
John-Paul Kaminga, wine sommelier and manager of Blanchard’s Wines and Spirits had the task to choose an Italian wine to pair with the veal cannelloni. He shares with Carol why he chose this special Chianti.
Margery Gann of Ethos shares two nutritional tips: what is portion size, servings, calories and how it affects our health. Next, Margery talks about leafy dark greens. There are many benefits to eating these types of vegetables: low in calories, phytochemicals, help to continue well-being and loaded with nutrients. She explains how best to prepare and cook these nourishing vegetables.
Steve LaCount, executive chef and co-owner of Chiara Bistro in Westwood, explains the different types of avocados that can be purchased, and how quickly and easy you can peel an avocado and remove the pit. Also, he discusses how you can grow your own avocado.
Co-hosts Carol and Joe explains the mission of the Chefs Table Foundation and whom the Foundation will help.
RECIPE for Veal Cannelloni – Serves 4
1/2 small onion fine diced
3 cloves garlic
1# ground veal
1# ground pork
splash of wine
1cup Whole milk
1 sprig fresh rosemary finely chopped
chopped fresh basil and parsley (optional)
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp grated nutmeg
1/2 cup cooked chopped spinach
bechemel or fresh mozzarella cheese
Fresh pasta sheets
- Saute onion and garlic until translucent
- Add pork and veal to pan season with salt and pepper and cook until the meat is brown and cooked through.
- De-glaze the pan with a splash of wine.
- Add flour,stir, add milk and reduce until mixture becomes quite thick.
- Add herbs, Parmesan, nutmeg, and chopped spinach.
- Adjust seasoning.
- Allow mixture cool and refrigerate for 1 hr or longer.
- Blanch pasta sheets, cut in half, add meat mixture, and roll into cannelloni shape.
- Continue until all the meat mixture is used.
- Add tomato sauce to the bottom of a baking or lasagne pan.
- Fill pan with cannelloni, top each cannelloni with a little bechemel sauce or fresh mozzarella cheese.
- Add more tomato sauce as desired.
- Bake in 375 degree oven for about 20 min. or until hot inside and a little brown around the edges.
Tagged Blanchard's Wines & Spirits, Carol O'Connor, Chefs Table Foundation, cooking, cooking show, Delfino Restaurant, executive chef, Italian Cuisine, JoAnne LeBlanc, Joe Murphy, John-Paul Kaminga, Montenidoli Chianti, Sons of Italy Hall Roslindale, Stephen Judge, TableCritic Inc, The Chefs' Table Series TV Show, Veal Cannelloni, wine, wine pairing, wine pairing with food