The Chefs' Table Series TV Show
Chicken & Broccoli Gratin with Chef Denise O’Neill of Eat with Jack O’Neill Restaurant
The Chefs’ Table Series features a new chef of a new restaurant opening up in West Roxbury, MA. The name of the new restaurant is called Eat with Jack O’Neill and Chef Denise O’Neill will be at the helm! Denise who graduated from culinary school in Ireland, shows us how to make chicken broccoli gratin. The show was filmed in front of a LIVE audience at the Sons of Italy Lodge in Roslindale, MA. Full Recipe below.
John-Paul Kaminga, wine sommelier and manager of Blanchard’s Wines and Spirits chooses a white burgundy Val de Mer to pair with the chicken broccoli gratin; he explains to co-host Carol O’Connor why this wine pairs well.
Margery Gann of Ethose shares her nutritional tip on lentils – great source of nutrition and easy to prepare. She discusses three types of lentils; great for soups, vegetarian burgers, and more.
Carol visits Colm O’Neill, manager of Eat with Jack O’Neill, and they discuss how the name of the restaurant came about, the menu and other interesting culinary tidbits.
Chicken and Broccoli gratin
4 chicken breasts
1 Spanish onion, peeled and chopped
2 carrots, peeled and chopped
2 celery sticks, chopped
A few sprigs of parsley
1 Bay leaf
A few black peppercorns
300ml / 1/2 pint of double cream
110g / 4ozs Roux
1 head of Broccoli, divided into florets
15g / 1/2oz butter
110g / 4ozs breadcrumbs
- Place the chicken in a large saucepan with the onion, carrots, celery, parsley, bay leaf, peppercorns and enough water to cover.
- Bring slowly to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer until the chicken is cooked – approx 20 – 30 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the saucepan and leave to cool, dice and set aside.
- Strain the cooking liquid into a saucepan and boil until reduced to 600ml / 1 pint.
- Add the cream, return to the boil and then whisk in the roux, a little at a time to form a thick sauce.
- Blanch the broccoli in boiling water until just tender, then drain and refresh under cold water.
- Stir the diced chicken and broccoli into the sauce and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour this mixture into an ovenproof dish.
- Melt the butter and mix with the breadcrumbs.
- Spread over the chicken mixture and bake in an oven which has been preheated to 180 degrees C/ 350 degrees F for approx 20 to 30 minutes or until brown and bubbling.
Tagged Blanchard's Wines & Spirits, Carol O'Connor, Chefs Table Foundation, chefs' tip, Chiara Bistro, chicken broccoli gratin, Colm O'Neill, Denise O'Neill, Eat with Jack O'Neill, how to remove the yolk from egg whites, Joe Murphy, John-Paul Kaminga, lentils, Nutritional Tip, Restaurant Interview, Steve LaCount, The Chefs' Table Series TV Show, Val de Mer, West Roxbury